Archive for September, 2011
Face it my friends, we’re in a recession. No need to panic; the US government is working on it. Ok, so maybe there is a reason to panic…
However, even in challenging times, there are ways to have a breathtaking engagement. Besides, you don’t really have any other options – there is no recession in love.
There are still ways to go about getting engaged in a classy fashion, even when your budget is shrinking like a wool sweater in the dryer.
1) Consider a fancy shaped stone instead of a round one.
2) Now that the price of platinum frequently dips below the price of gold, having a ring set in platinum makes even more sense.
3) Get rid of pavé. A plain look is practical, understated, and classic. You can later have another ring loaded with pave.
4) Consider a colored gemstone as the center stone instead of a diamond.
5) Purchase a smaller center stone and set it with a halo. Today’s halos don’t look like the ones in the disco era in which the halo blended with the center stone. Modern halos elegantly frame the view. A one carat stone with a micro pavé border will elicit the same reaction from her as a much larger stone.
6) Get an elaborate wedding band with more diamonds and a unique design which will be beautiful enough to be drool-worthy for all admirers.
7) Look into diamond simulants such as ASHA, cubic zirconium, or moissanite.
8) Explore our La Petite Collection. These are tiny “engagement rings” meant to be worn as a pendant or charm. They are created exactly as our regular engagement rings (featuring real diamonds, platinum and micro pave settings) except they are the fraction of the cost of an engagement ring.